The WWE promo hits followed by a recap of last week on RAW when Vince McMahon addressed the “ruthless agression” statement. A recap of what Brock Lesnar did to Rob Van Dam on RAW last week is also shown.
- The RAW promo hits followed by the pyro going off in the Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester, NH starting the show off.
- They plug the WWE Undisputed Title Match later tonight between The Undertaker and Jeff Hardy with the stipulation being a Ladder Match.
Paul Heyman/Brock Lesnar Segment
Paul Heyman gets on the mic and says that he told the people a few weeks ago that this would be the summer of “The Next Big Thing” Brock Lesnar. Yet everywhere they go all people say is that it will be the summer of Rob Van Dam. Heyman says RVD doesn’t have the ruthless agression to make this his summer. Heyman says Brock Lesnar does and it will last all the way to SummerSlam when Brock Lesnar will become the next WWE Undisputed Champion. Heyman says just like Kurt Angle did on SmackDown when Angle called out a rookie, Brock Lesnar will do the same but instead of a rookie, it will be a veteran. Heyman calls a veteran out to the ring to take on Brock Lesnar. WOOOOOOO. Ric Flair’s music hits. Flair gets on the mic and says he doesn’t want Lesnar to forget about how he cost his ownership for RAW against Vince McMahon. Flair says Lesnar will find out tonight just why he is the dirtiest player in the game. Lesnar gets on the mic and says that Flair is in the wrong place, the wrong year with the wrong guy. Flair takes off his robe and the bell rings.
Ric Flair vs. Brock Lesnar
Match starts with both men staring each other down until they lockup. Flair puts on a headlock but Lesnar gets out of it, throws Flair into the ropes and hits a quick shoulder block. Both men lockup again but Lesnar pushes Flair away with power. Lesnar charges at Flair but Flair throws Lesnar into the corner. Flair hits a big chop to the chest on Lesnar. They lockup again and Lesnar backs Flair into the corner. Lesnar goes for a punch but Flair ducks and hits two big chops on Lesnar. Lesnar throws Flair into the ropes, Flair charges at Lesnar and Lesnar hits a big powerslam. Lesnar goes for an elbow drop but Flair moves out of the way and goes to the outside. Lesnar also goes to the outside, Flair gets back in, Flair grabs Lesnar’s head and nails his neck off the top rope. Lensar gets back in and hits a quick knee drop on Lesnar. Flair goes for the pin but Lesnar kicks out after two. Lesnar throws Flair into the corner and hits a big clothesline. Lesnar throws Flair into the corner, Flair bounces off, Lesnar catches Flair and hits two big backbreakers. Flair rolls to the outside and Lesnar follows connecting with a few punche and kicks. Flair fights back with some chops before rolling Lesnar back in. Lesnar hits a quick punch to the gut followed by charging at Flair in the corner but Flair moves out of the way. Flair hits three big chops followed by charging at Lesnar but Lesnar catches him and applies a bearhug. Flair fights back with some punches to the head followed by some big chops. Flair goes off the ropes and charges at Lesnar but Lesnar catches Flair and hits a big spinebuster. Lesnar goes to pick up Flair but Flair hits a big low blow with his arm followed by a low blow with his foot. Flair picks up Lesnar and hits a big back suplex, Flair goes for the pin but only gets a two count. Flair takes Lesnar off of his feet with a quick chop to the back of the leg. Flair applies the Figure Four Leg Lock! Lesnar gets to the ropes. Heyman interferes but Flair punches him to the outside. Flair turns around, Lesnar picks him up on his shoulder and connects with the F-5! Lesnar goes for the pin and gets the 1, 2, and 3 for the win.
Winner: Brock Lesnar
– COMMERCIAL –
WWE REWIND: Trish Stratus beating Molly Holly last week on RAW
- Jackie is shown putting makeup on when The Coach walks up. Coach says Jackie looked good at WWE Divas: Undressed. Coach says this past week wasn’t very good for her when she lost her match against Linda Miles and Trish Stratus. Jackie says she didn’t lose the match, Molly did. Molly walks up and says maybe Jackie shouldn’t worry about walking around in her underwear and focus on her in-ring ability. Jackie says at least she looks good in her underwear. Molly attacks Jackie and throws her to the outside where the arena is. Jackie throws Molly into the RAW entranceramp. Jackie goes to hit Molly with a lead pipe but Molly moves out of the way. Molly drags Jackie by the ring and hits a suplex on the outside. Molly throws Jackie into the ring and hits a big backbreaker. Molly climbs the top rope and connects with a missle dropkick. Molly goes to leave when Trish Stratus runs down and attacks Molly. Trish throws Molly into the ring. Molly tries to attack Trish but Trish ducks and pulls down Molly’s pants which reveals her wearing “grandma” underwear.
- Chris Nowinski is shown backstage with Terri. Terri asks Chris why he challenged Bradshaw to a simple wrestling match instead of a match for the Hardcore Title. Chris says why compete in a match that involves tables and steel chairs when he can simply beat somebody using some more powerful, intelligence.
– COMMERCIAL –
- A recap is shown from last week when Chris Nowinski rolled up Bradshaw getting a quick 1, 2, 3 for the win.
Bradshaw vs. Chris Nowinski
Match starts with Bradshaw hitting a big boot. Bradshaw sends Chris into the ropes and hits a big shoulder block. Bradshaw goes to the outside and throws in a trash can, STOP sign, and a few steel chairs. Bradshaw tries to use his cow bell but the referee takes it away from him. Nowinski charges at Bradshaw but Bradshaw takes him down with a big boot. Bradshaw grabs a steel chair but the referee takes it away as well. As the referee has his back turned throwing the steel chair out, Nowinski gets the cowbell and nails Bradshaw with it. Nowinski goes for the pin and gets the 1, 2, and 3 for the win.
Winner: Chris Nowinski
- William Regal is shown backstage watching the match. Rob Van Dam walks in and asks him where Brock Lesnar is. Regal says Lesnar is cooling off as he has already competed tonight against Ric Flair. Regal asks RVD to apologize for barging into his locker room. RVD says he won’t apologize but since Lesnar has already competed tonight, why doesn’t he challenge him tonight. Regal accepts and once again asks RVD to apologize. RVD says he still won’t be because tonight he will beat him 1, 2, 3 courtesy of R-V-D.
– COMMERCIAL –
WWE SLAM OF THE WEEK: Jeff Hardy challenging The Undertaker for the WWE Undisputed Title in a Ladder Match.
- Terri is shown backstage with Jeff Hardy. Terri says Jeff Hardy is the heavy underdog tonight against The Undertaker and Jeff cuts her off. Jeff says this isn’t a regular match. It is a Ladder Match. He won’t have to pin him or make him submit. Hardy runs off and climbs up the RAW set showing his climbing skills. Jeff says Undertaker hasn’t competed in one Ladder Match yet and he competed in a lot. Jeff says tonight he will become the new WWE Undisputed Champion.
- Booker T is shown walking around backstage when Goldust walks up dressed as Darth Vader. Goldust tells Booker the force is strong with him. Goldust tells Booker to go over and chill and he will be right back. Booker takes the light saber and labels himself by a Star Wars name.
- Eddie Guerrero is shown backstage with Vince McMahon. Vince says he wants to keep the brand extension going and he made an exception for him. Chris Benoit walks up in wrestling gear and McMahon points out tonight is his first match back in well over a year. McMahon says Benoit owes him for picking him up on the RAW brand and Benoit says he will make up for it tonight.
– COMMERCIAL –
Rob Van Dam vs. William Regal
Match starts with both men locking up but Regal throwing RVD into the ropes and hitting a big shoulder block. Regal throws RVD into the corner, RVD jumps back, RVD attempts a spinning heel kick but Regal coutners with a modifed back suplex. Regal hits a knee to the head on RVD and goes for the pin twice but gets a two count on each. Regal applies a submission but RVD gets out of it throwing Regal into the corner. RVD hits a big monkey flip on Regal, goes for the pin but only gets a two count. RVD jumps up to the top rope, turns around and hits a big cross body on Regal. RVD goes for the pin but only gets a two count. RVD goes off the ropes and connects with the Rollling Thunder. RVD goes for the pin but Regal kicks out after two. Regal picks up RVD and attempts a quick powerbomb but RVD fights back and takes down Regal. RVD climbs the top rope, jumps and connects with a huge Five Star Frog Splash. RVD goes for the pin and gets the 1, 2, and 3.
Winner: Rob Van Dam
- After the match, Rob Van Dam gets on the mic and calls out Brock Lesnar. RVD points out both men got a win tonight and he dares Lesnar to try and get another. Brock Lesnar appears with Paul Heyman. Heyman gets on the mic and says he always liked RVD because he had guts. Heyman says because of that, he will do him one favor tonight and that is NOT allow Lesnar to come down to the ring tonight. Heyman says thats not to say this match shouldn’t go down. Heyman proposes that a match go down 3 weeks from now at WWE Vengeance. RVD gets on the mic and accepts. He says lots of people are scared to get in the ring with Brock Lesnar but he isn’t one of those people because he is Rob-Van-Dam. Heyman holds back Lesnar as RVD taunts both men in the ring.
- The return of Chris Benoit to the ring is next!
– COMMERCIAL –
Tag Team Match
Chris Benoit & Eddie Guerrero vs. Bubba Ray Dudley & Spike Dudley
Match starts with Eddie Guerrero and Spike Dudley. Spike goes to charge Guerrero but Guerrero goes behind Spike and takes him down. Guerrero hits some big kicks followed by a big back suplex. Spike sends Guerrero into the ropes and connects with a manhatten drop followed by a dropkick. Spike goes for the pin but only gets a two count. Bubba Ray gets the tag and works on Guerrero in the corner. Bubba Ray sends Guerrero into the ropes and Guerrero fights back with a big dropkick taking Bubba ray off of his feet. Bubba Ray throws Guerrero into the corner and hits a big clothesline. Bubba Ray hits two big elbow drops followed by a sledgehammer drop and goes for the pin but only gets a two count. Guerrero rolls back off of Bubba Ray’s back and tags in Chris Benoit. Bubba Ray backs Benoit up into the corner. Bubba Ray hits a big chop and goes for another but Benoit fights back with a chop of his own. Benoit connects with a few kicks until he picks up Bubba Ray and throws him into the corner. Bubba Ray bounces off the corner with impact. Benoit hits a quick clothesline and goes for the pin but only gets a two count. Bubba Ray gets to his feet and hits a sidewalk slam on Benoit and goes for the pin but only gets a two count. Benoit gets on his feet, Bubba Ray goes for a clothesline, Benoit ducks and hits a big german suplex! Benoit throws Bubba Ray into the ropes but Bubba Ray fights back with a neckbreaker. Spike gets the tag and goes for the pin but only gets a two count. Spike picks up Benoit and hits a quick bulldog and Spike goes for the pin but once again gets a two count. Benoit fights back with a pair of chops followed by a backbreaker. Benoit goes for the pin but only gets a two count. Benoit takes down Spike applying the Crippler Crossface but Bubba Ray breaks it up. Guerrero gets the tag and hits a big shoulder block on Spike. Benoit gets the tag and both men work on Spike in the corner. Benoit picks up Spike and hits a big back suplex. Guerrero gets the tag and throws Spike into the ring pole. Guerrero taunts Bubba Ray by spitting at him while Benoit holds Spike back in the corner. Guerrero turns around, Spike takes out Benoit and Spike hits the Dudley Dog on Guerrero! Bubba Ray gets the tag and he takes down Guerrero with two big clotheslines. Bubba Ray picks up Guerrero and hits a big powerbomb and goes for the pin but Benoit breaks it up. Bubba Ray throws Benoit into the corner and hits a big back suplex. Bubba Ray takes down Guerrero with a series of punches followed by taking out Benoit on the ring apron. Bubba Ray holds Guerrero’s legs apart and Spike hits a big headbutt from the top rope! Bubba Ray signals for Spike to get the tables. Spike sets up the table on the outside. Guerrero gets back in, jumps up on the top rope and hits a big huricanranna on Bubba Ray. Guerrero goes for the Frog Splash but Bubba Ray moves out of the way. Bubba Ray nails Benoit on the outside, Guerreo charges and Bubba Ray hits the Bubba Bomb! Bubba Ray goes for the pin and gets the 1, 2, and 3 for the win.
Winners: Bubba Ray Dudley & Spike Dudley
- After the match, Chris Benoit gets in the ring and hits a big german suplex on Bubba Ray. Spike gets in and attempts the Dudley Dog on Chris Benoit but Benoit throws Spike to the outside who crashes through the table that was set up before! Benoit applies the Crippler Crossface on Bubba Ray as Guerrero climbs the top rope and hits a big Frog Splash to the back of Bubba Ray. Benoit lets go of the Crippler Crossface as both Benoit and Guerrero leave.
– COMMERCIAL –
- A new Rey Mysterio Jr. promo is showing continuing to plug that HE’S COMING.
- Goldust dressed up as Darth Vader walks up to Big Show. Big Show asks Goldust what that crap was about last week. Goldust tells Big Show to forget about that but he has something big to tell him…he is his father. Goldust nails the light saber over Big Show. Kevin Nash walks up and takes out Goldust. Nash gets in Big Show’s face and tells him to get the job done because if they don’t he will come down and kick his ass.
- A promo is shown highlighting the career of Jeff Hary and his history with ladder’s in the WWE.
- Terri is shown backstage with The Undertaker and asks his thoughts on Jeff Hardy. Undertaker says he will hold off on Jeff right now and turn his focus to Kurt Angle. Undertaker says that Kurt Angle may have made Hulk Hogan tap but he is no Hulk Hogan and he won’t tap. Undertaker says he will beat Kurt Angle on SmackDown and retain his WWE Undisputed Title. Undertaker says that after that, he will turn his attention to The Rock. Terri says it sounds like The Undertaker is overconfident with his match tonight against Jeff Hardy. She says that The Undertaker has never competed in a Ladder Match. Undertaker asks her what her point is and then ends the interview walking away.
– COMMERCIAL –
- Big Show is shown looking for X-Pac backstage. Big Show walks into a locker room and sees X-Pac knocked out. Big Show gets enraged and walks away.
Booker T vs. Big Show
Match starts with Big Show charging the ring. Booker T hits a few hard punches but Big Show throws him into the corner followed by a big suplex. Booker tries to throw Big Show into the ropes but Big Show pulls Booker back and hits a big clothesline. Big Show picks up Booker and hits a big vertical suplex. Big Show goes for the pin but only gets a two count. Big Show picks up Booker and applies a bearhug. Booker fights out of it with some hard punches followed by a big spinning heel kick. Booker tries to throw Big Show into the ropes but Big Show pulls Booker back and hits a big sideslam. Big Show charges at Booker and Booker holds the top rope down allowing Big Show to fall to the outside. Big Show sends Booker into the ring barricade. Big Show grabs one of the steel steps and walks towards Booker. Booker counters and kicks the steel steps into the face of the Big Show. Booker rolls back into the ring as the referee begins the count. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9…10!
Winner via countout: Booker T
- After the match, Booker T does the spinearooni. Booker T goes to walk up the entranceramp but decides to go through the crowd instead fearing an nWo attack.
- Backstage, Kevin Nash and Shawn Michaels are shown making there way to the arena.
– COMMERCIAL –
RAW comes back from commercial as Kevin Nash and Shawn Michaels are in the ring with Big Show. Kevin Nash gets in the face of Big Show. Nash hits a big right hand. Big Show hits a big right hand of his own. Michaels gets on the mic and breaks it up saying the real problem is Booker T. Michaels says that the nWo knows he took out X-Pac and come next week, he will be the one taken out. Michaels tells both Nash and Big Show to calm down. Michaels says he has a big announcement. Michaels says the nWo is a family and they are all not the same. Michaels says it is hard for a family to operate when a member is currently out and injured. And no, it isn’t X-Pac. Michaels reminds the people what happened before the Undisputed Title Match at King of the Ring. HBK says that the newest member of the nWo needs some time to rest his injured body. But when he returns, he will make the nWo even better and that person is none-other then…Triple H. The fans go nuts at the sound of this. HBK gets on the mic and tells Kevin Nash and Big Show to “kiss and makeup.” As Kevin Nash walks towards Big Show, Shawn Michaels nails Big Show with the Sweet Chin Music. Kevin Nash and Shawn Michaels leave the ring and tell Big Show to hurry up and leave with them. Shawn Michaels continues to use the word tough love as Big Show gets up and leaves the ring.
– COMMERCIAL –
- The Undertaker is shown backstage with Vince McMahon. McMahon says he is proud of Undertaker stepping up for the past 10 years. McMahon says that to show his appreciation, he will give Undertaker The Rock at Vengeance. McMahon says he is sure The Undertaker will beat Rock 1, 2, 3. Undertaker questions Vince if he thinks he will still be the champion come Vengeance. McMahon said he didn’t mean it in that way. Undertaker says he will walk out tonight still the WWE Undisputed Champion, ladder or no ladder.
- Jeff Hardy is shown getting warmed up for his match when Matt Hardy walks in. He wishes Jeff the best of luck but Matt says he has another surprise. Lita walks in and wishes Jeff luck as well. Jeff appreciates there wishes and leaves.
WWE Undisputed Title – Ladder Match
The Undertaker (c) vs. Jeff Hardy
Match starts with Jeff Hardy coming down and getting on Undertaker’s motorcycle. Undertaker runs to the outside but Jeff runs into the ring. Jeff kicks the ladder into The Undertaker followed by jumping over the top rope and splashing The Undertaker. Jeff gets a steel chair and nails it across the face of The Undertaker. Jeff grabs the ladder again but Undertaker catches it, Jeff throws Undertaker into the ring and Undertaker connects with the ladder in front of him. Undertaker turns around but takes down Jeff with a big punch to the face. Undertaker picks up Jeff and nails his head off the ring barrier. Undertaker clotheslines Jeff against it. Undertaker picks up Jeff and hits a quick knee to the gut. Undertaker picks up Jeff yet again and throws him up onto his shoulder. Undertaker runs at the ladder, Jeff gets off his shoulder and throws Undertaker into the ladder! Jeff drapes the ladder across Undertaker’s chest. Jeff gets up on the steel steps, jumps and connects with a leg drop onto Undertaker’s chest while connecting with the ladder. Jeff gets into the ring and brings the ladder with him until Undertaker grabs the bottom from the outside and pushes it down allowing it to connect to the face of Jeff Hardy. Undertaker kicks the bottom again and it nails Jeff in the gut. Jeff gets up on the ring apron, Undertaker picks up the ladder and nails it over the head of Jeff. Undertaker sets up the ladder and begins to climb it. Undertaker gets halfway up but sees Jeff Hardy knocked out on the outside. Undertaker climbs down, goes to the outside, picks up Jeff and throws him onto the announcers table. Undertaker picks up Jeff again and throws him into the time keepers area. Undertaker picks up Jeff again but rolls him back into the ring. Undertaker grabs the ladder and sets it down. Jeff gets to one knee and Undertaker connects with a knee to the face. Undertaker grabs Jeff by the head and nails it onto the ladder on the ground. Undertaker goes to pick up Undertaker but Jeff fights back with a series of punches. Undertaker takes down Jeff though with a huge punch to the head. Jeff lays on his stomach with his head over the ring apron, caught up in the ladder. Undertaker gets up on the ring apron, jumps and connects with a big leg drop. Undertaker gets into the ring and puts Jeff in the corner. Undertaker charges and connects with a big clothesline. Undertaker grabs the ladder and sets it up in the corner. Undertaker picks up Jeff and throws him up against the ladder. Undertaker backs up to charge at Jeff but Jeff moves out of the way and Undertaker hits the ladder with impact. Undertaker throws Jeff into the other corner, Jeff jumps up onto the top rope and hits a big corkscrew moonsault taking Undertaker down! Undertaker gets right back up though and throws Jeff to the outside. Undertaker picks up Jeff and Jeff fights back with a low blow. Jeff gets back into the ring, runs, jumps off the ladder in the ring and connects with Undertaker on the outside. Jeff pulls out a bigger ladder from under the ring. Jeff slides it into the ring and sets it up. Jeff begins to climb it when Undertaker gets into the ring. Undertaker nails Jeff from behind, grabs him and sets him up on his shoulders looking to hit the Last Ride. Jeff fights back though and hits a big huricanranna! Undertaker rolls to the outside and Jeff begins to climb. Jeff gets to the top, reaches but Undertaker gets in with a steel chair and nails it across the back of The Undertaker. Undertaker picks up Jeff and attempts the Last Ride but Jeff fights back, leans back down, grabs the steel chair in the ring, leans back up and nails it across the head of The Undertaker! Jeff gets the steel chair and nails it across the head of Undertaker again! Jeff climbs the ladder once again and gets close when Undertaker grabs the steel chair and nails it across the back of Jeff two times! Undertaker climbs the other side of the ladder, both men are at the top. Jeff reaches, Undertaker slaps his hand across the neck of Jeff Hardy. Undertaker lifts Jeff into the air and hits the Chokeslam from the top of the ladder! Undertaker reaches and gets the Undisputed Title!
Winner & STILL Undisputed Champion: The Undertaker
- After the match, The Undertaker sees Jeff Hardy getting on his feet. Undertaker gets back in, picks up Jeff and connects with the Last Ride! Undertaker gets on his motorcyle and begins to leave when Jeff Hardy gets on the mic. He tells Undertaker that he is still on his feet. Undertaker comes back down, gets into the ring and grabs Jeff by the head. Undertaker goes to punch Jeff but he holds back and raises Jeff’s arm. The Undertaker leaves the ring staring down Jeff Hardy in the ring as RAW goes off the air…